The Mass Casualty Trauma Kit
The Mass Casualty Trauma Kit is designed to be a self-contained bag that can treat 2-6 critically injured people during a mass casualty incident.
During a mass casualty incident, you may have a large number of injured parties in varying parts of your facility. Instead of stocking a single large backpack style bag with medical trauma components, we recommend smaller self-contained pouches (like the Mass Casualty Trauma Kit) which can be distributed to trained individuals and taken simultaneously to the injured parties.
Buy and stock as many as are needed for your building/facility. We recommend the following number of kits based on your facility's peak occupancy:
- 20-50 People: 1 Kit
- 51-100 People: 2 Kits
- 101-200 People: 4 Kits
- 200+ People: 6 Kits
- Add 1 more kit for every 100 people
Depending on your layout and security plan you may choose to store your Mass Casualty Trauma Kits together in a convenient place, in a larger bag, or strategically located at different places throughout the facility. The modularity of having a number of smaller self-contained kits over a single well-stocked bag provides you those options and flexibility.
The Mass Casualty Kit is designed for small to large organizations and facilities that may be targeted for mass murder type events. It is ideal for:
- Small to Large Businesses
- Shopping Centers & Malls
- Large Retail Stores
- Movie Theaters
- Entertainment Venues
- Private Schools
The contents of the Mass Casualty Trauma Kit are all focused on major trauma and keeping the casualty alive until paramedics can arrive. No bandaids or other traditional first-aid style items. No splinting or immobilization components since these facilities generally have communication access to reach emergency paramedics and don't have a need to move injured parties.
Each kit includes Tourniquets, Chest Seals, Israeli-style pressure bandages, NPAs, Hemostatic Gauze, Rescue Blanket, and other safety products.
- The Osprey Molle Pouch with First Aid Red Cross Velcro Patch
- 2x TacMed SOF-T Tourniquets
- 2x Dynarex 4″ “Israeli Style” High-Pressure Dressing
- 4x Pairs of Blue Nitrile Gloves
- 1x Compact Trauma Shears
- 2x North American Rescue Hyfin Compact Twin Pack Chest Seals
- 1x Mini Black Permanent Marker
- 1x Dynarex Emergency Rescue Blanket
- 2x Pre-Lubricated Combat Medical NPAs
- 2x ChitoGauze 3″ x 4yrd PRO Hemostatic Dressing
- 1x Dynared Krinkle Compressed Gauze 4.5″ x 4.1 yards
- 1x Dynarex Triangle Bandage / Cravat
- 2x CPR Face Shields
We strongly encourage security teams and facility staff of these types of venue to also complete our no-cost Emergency Trauma Response training course.
Kit Weight: 2lbs 2oz